While I love chocolate sauce, I rarely want to buy a bottle of it because it tends to sit in my fridge for weeks. Not only is this Single-Serving Chocolate Sauce better than store-bought, but it also makes just enough for one serving. Enjoy on ice cream, over pancakes, or as a fruit dip. This also goes well over my Single Serving Brownies, and Single Serving Angel Food Cake. You really can’t go wrong with chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small saucepan, whisk cocoa and sugar together. Then add water and salt, mixing thoroughly until no lumps remain.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Serve hot or store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 50gProtein: 2g
If you made this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Please leave a review or a comment letting me know how things turned out. Happy baking!