Chocolate-covered strawberries are the perfect combination of sweet, tangy strawberries and rich, creamy chocolate. This summer, I have had a lot of fresh garden strawberries, so I just had to make chocolate strawberry brownies. They capture the flavor of a chocolate-covered strawberry with rich, fudgy brownies. Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
Rich, fudgy brownies with sweet, tangy frosting full of strawberry flavor.
- 1 (4 oz) package unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces fresh strawberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (12 oz) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Optional: 24 small strawberries and an additional 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Either spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick spray or line with foil, then spray the foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl or a medium saucepan on the stove. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and mix until fully combined (careful not to over-mix). Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Allow to cool.
- While brownies are cooling, dice 2 ounces of strawberries into small pieces and set them aside (I put them small sieve so any extra juice can drain off). Mash the other 3 ounces of the strawberries and combine them in a small saucepot with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Bring the mashed strawberry mixture to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes until reduced to a thick sauce. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once the strawberry mixture has cooled, beat the softened butter and powdered sugar. Add cooled strawberry sauce. Beat until smooth and fluffy. Gently fold in the diced strawberries. Spread onto cooled brownies and chill.
- Melt chocolate and vegetable oil together (check out this article on how to melt chocolate). Gently but quickly, evenly spread chocolate over the strawberry layer. Allow chocolate to set.
- If you want, melt the additional 4 ounces of chocolate and dip the strawberries in chocolate. While chocolate is still melted, place the dipped strawberries evenly on the brownies so there will be one on each slice.
- Cut and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate only.
If you’re looking for more great brownie recipes, check out these unique brownie recipes. If you’re having any issues with your brownies, here’s a great article on how to make amazing brownies.
You should store chocolate strawberry brownies in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last 3-4 days. If you put chocolate-dipped strawberries on top, they may seep a little bit of juice out. It won’t affect taste or texture but does affect appearance.
You can store chocolate strawberry brownies in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. To thaw, place in the fridge overnight.
However, I would not freeze them with the chocolate-dipped strawberries on top. You can freeze them, then place the chocolate strawberries on top once the brownies have thawed.
If you’ve made this recipe, let me know how it went! I’d love to hear from you in the comments. Happy baking!