Homemade strawberry ice cream has always tasted like summer to me. So when I had a large harvest of strawberries from my garden, I knew I needed to make them into ice cream. This ice cream is full of fresh strawberry flavor. A sweet swirl of homemade strawberry preserves gives the pop of sweet strawberry flavor to put this ice cream over the top. Enjoy!
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
Sweet, creamy ice cream with a swirl of strawberry preserves that is absolutely bursting with strawberry flavor.
- 2 cups strawberries, tops removed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 salt
- 1 1/2 strawberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Puree strawberries with milk and 2 cups granulated sugar until smooth. Strain and mix with heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- While ice cream is chilling, make the strawberry swirl.
- To make the swirl, in a small saucepan, mash the 1 1/2 cups of diced strawberries with 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/2 cup granulated sugar and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Place the saucepan on the stovetop and bring to a gentle boil. Stir constantly. Cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Freeze ice cream base to soft serve consistency. Place in a loaf pan. Pour cooled swirl over the top. Gently swirl into the ice cream, don't fully mix or it won't be a swirl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
While this ice cream was intended to use fresh strawberries, I have made it with frozen strawberries, and it still turns out well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is an estimate only.
Having Ice Cream Troubles?
If you are having issues with your ice cream, such as gritty texture, ice cream isn’t freezing, etc. I recommend checking out my article on 5 common mistakes made with homemade ice cream and how to fix them.
Homemade Ice Cream Storage
Strawberry ice cream is best served within a couple of days after making. The longer ice cream is stored, the more crystallized it will become. Store in an airtight container in the freezer with plastic wrap pressed into the top. You can store your homemade ice cream for up to 1 month.
If you’ve made this recipe, let me know how it went! I’d love to hear from you in the comments. Happy baking!
This article having so much of amazing information. Today I learned so many things in this blog post.