Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Sauce may not be a traditional flavor, but once you taste it you’ll want to pour it over everything. It goes well over lots of things, including ice cream, waffles, cinnamon rolls, and my Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes. It is also is quick and easy with no melting sugar and no need to buy heavy cream. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Sauce
This quick and easy recipe is full of flavor but doesn't require cream or any tricky caramelization of sugar.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the brown sugar and milk.
- Bring butter mixture to a rolling boil. Once boiling, boil for 2 minutes.
- Add your pumpkin and pecans and boil for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
Cream will give you a slightly thicker, smoother product, but milk works fine if you don't have any available. Higher fat milk is best, but I have also made this caramel with 1% milk and had good results.
Your caramel may become quite thick in the fridge. You can quickly bring it back to pouring temperature by heating it gently (stirring frequently) either on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information is an estimate only.
Pumpkin pecan caramel sauce can be stored in an airtight container (I like to use a mason jar) for 1-2 weeks. It can also be stored in the freezer. Freeze in a freezer-safe, airtight container for 2-3 months. Thaw by placing in the fridge overnight.
If you like this mini apple crisp recipe, let me know! Or if you’ve made the recipe let me know how it went. I’d love to hear from you in the comments. Happy baking!